Ad

Monday, May 11, 2015

Searching for a Needle in a Haystack

This weekend, I had planned to get ready for the big yard sale.  At the same time, our bids were up at Ebay.  We had a decent amount of sales.  Before I could go through the house, I had to make sure I had the posters ready for shipping.  When I started selling the posters, I thought I had a great plan to put the posters in tubes with a code.  This way I could keep track on the computer.  Then, I started taking posters out and leaving them in the room.  Next thing I know, I have posters everywhere, except where I thought they should be.

On Friday, I am looking for one poster.  I looked where the spreadsheet tells me it should be.  The tube is empty.  I stand back and realize I have moved them to another tube.  In front of me stands 50 to 60 poster tubes.  Some have many posters and some have a few.  For the rest of the weekend, I keep going through the tubes.

Sunday, I am coming up against a deadline.  I have no idea where the poster is.  I do know one thing, I have to reduce the number of tubes.  After visiting Kayla, I get home and devise a plan to reduce the number and check each tube.  While I am doing this, I am putting an X on tubes checked.  That way, I know I have checked and it is not there.  Three hours later, I realize it is past 6:00pm and we still had to eat dinner.  I rush through a bunch more.  Just as I am about to give up and go to dinner, I find the tube.

At least, I have weeded out some tubes that can be used for shipping.  I will need to work during the week to shed other things in the house.

No comments: