Ad

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Carrying on the Family Name

It is funny.  When I grew up, I always heard people saying they wanted a baby to carry on the family name.  Of course, that would require those people to have a boy.  This is the same issue that exists in China, only for different reasons.  With the dawn of the Internet, I can safely say that the Fahey line will live on.  Not only that, but my name in particular is very popular.  I grew up thinking I had a name that was not so common.  The reason had more to do with where I lived than anything else.  I now know that Sean Fahey is very popular, especially in Ireland.  If I ever go there, I will have to be careful when they call for Sean Fahey.  I might not be the only one raising my hand.  All kidding aside, I would like to visit Ireland, as well as other European countries.  Maybe when my kids are gone and have flown the coop.  [Even spellchecker does not recognize my last name.]

No comments: