Ad

Monday, May 11, 2015

Blast from the Past, Part II!

This year is a great year in movies.  We are getting all kinds of stories that continue some great series.  Vacation, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, and Mad Max.  I have been following the Mad Max story since I was young.  Even recently, I have been following the story of how the current one got made.  George Miller had been trying for many years to get this movie made.  It is an interesting story.

He had tried to do it with Mel Gibson, when Mel was hitting his stride as a director/actor.  He was ready at one point to film the movie in Iraq and the Iraq war started.  Another time, he was ready to shoot in a desolate part of Australia, but had to scrap it after rain caused the are to go from dusty wasteland to green landscape.  He finally gets to film this movie.  I am ready.

This movie reminds me of The Road Warrior.  I first saw this movie when I was young.  I still love to pop it in the DVD player and watch it.  It really has stood the test of time.  We plan to take our daughters to see this movie.  I wanted to make sure it would be something they might like.  I sat down with Michelle and we watched The Road Warrior.  Kiersten was there, but she walked off.  I don't know if it was because she did not like it or just had too many things to do.

Michelle loved this movie.  At the end, she asked to see the next one.  I found Beyond Thunderdome and we started to watch it.  Unfortunately, she was tired and started to fall asleep.  She says she wants to get back to it.

Since the girls are going on Sunday, I have to come up with an alternative way of seeing this movie.  Someone will have to stay out with Mia.  She will not sit through it.  On Saturday, I was fortunate to get tickets to the sneak on Tuesday.  Stay tuned.  I will update with my semi-review.

No comments: