Ad

Friday, May 29, 2015

Another Gem from the Past

The other day, I got to share Jurassic Park with Michelle and Kiersten.  They had not seen the movie.  Kayla was a big fan of it.  She is looking forward to Jurassic World.  I think the both enjoyed the movie.  If you have not seen it on Blu Ray, you are missing a great transfer.  It was crystal clear.

As I am writing this, I remember when we got Jurassic at the movie theater.  We set up a huge promotion for the movie.  I was able to get train tickets to Orlando, FL from Amtrak, tickets to Universal Orlando from the film company, TV advertising, without having to pay for it, etc.  We decorated the inside of the theater with cargo netting and a huge opening using the oringal standee and tripling it in size.  It gave the customer the impression of going into Jurassic Park.  We also were able to get our local museum to bring in a dinosaur skull for opening weekend.  It was one of our better promotions.  I wish I had saved a set of pictures.

No comments: