Ad

Thursday, May 21, 2015

14 Days and Counting!!! Getting nervous!!!

Last night, I spent the night unrolling movie posters.  I had this great idea that people would give a donation for a poster.  It started at $10 and ended at $1.  I was wrong.  No one wanted to give.  I had put rubber bands on about 50 to 100 posters.  Well, rubber bands will cut into a movie poster or just dry rot on them.  They had to come off.  I will not do that again.

This morning I asked about our final package.  Angie told me that the guide in China will be present that to us.  We in turn will give it to the American consulate in Guangzhou.  Once that is finalized, it goes to Customs in America.  After opening, Elana is a US citizen.  We still go through the process of re-adoption in America.  This helps with birth certificates and other things.  If we don't do it, we have to go through China to get that information.  I don't know how easy that would be.

I am getting excited and nervous at the same time.  My mind is wondering about the things I need to do before leaving work and what has to be done in the house.  People at work have been wondering if I am excited.  I say yes.  Still haven't had that baby shower.  Guess they won't be throwing one.  I do find it funny how people treat adoption versus birth.  Just remember that when someone close to you adopts.  Throw them a baby shower.  You might surprise them.

No comments: