Ad

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Volunteering at a Young Age

Looking back, I have volunteered for a lot of things.  One time I volunteered for something that I did not mean to volunteer for.  They were looking for people who wanted to join the chorus.  A friend of mine and I were counting the people.  The teacher thought I was raising my hand.  I "volunteered" to join chorus.  It was not a bad experience, but it was something I had not planned to do.  I even appeared in the school play.  I was in the chorus, not a major character.

One thing that I did actually volunteer for was in first grade.  We had a special needs class and they were looking for volunteers to assist the teachers.  I volunteered for this.  I wish I can remember all that I did, but old age and all.  I remember going to the class and playing with the children.  I found it to be a worth while experience.  I think I did it for part of a year, but I can't remember.

If it were not for the size of my family, I would probably volunteer my time to Special Olympics.  One day, I might be able to.  When Kayla comes home, we would want her to go back to the program.  At that time, her sisters can even volunteer to help the others.  If you have a program in your area, look them up.  They are always looking for volunteers.  

No comments: