Ad

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Encouraging your Daughters

With school quickly approaching, I am having trouble motivating my daughters.  There is a travel company giving away a trip to China.  All the girls have to do is write an essay.  When I brought it up to them, they declined.  I have the same problem trying to get them to push that extra mile.  I don't want them to be like me.  I was always happy with average grades.  If I had pushed harder, I could have got a scholarship.  I remember when I was in High School.  I went to see my guidance counselor about what direction I should go in.  I mentioned college.  He looked at my grades and said that I would not get scholarships.  Then he said that I should join the military.  Next thing I know, I am getting calls from recruiters.  Guess my counselor tipped them off.  I had to work harder and pay for my own college education.  I don't want that for them.

We have tried offering motivations things and money.  They did not care for either.  They want money, but they don't want to work for it.  I will just have to keep researching.  If I find that magical motivational tool, I will write about it.  

No comments: