Ad

Monday, August 10, 2015

Art Imitating Life

Looking back on memories of my life that coincide with films, I have one that comes to mind:  The Blair Witch Project.  I follow film news all the time.  I had heard about this film scaring up lots of money.  It was one of those small projects that went on to make a lot of money.  No only that, but it introduced the world to 'found footage' films.  When it hit Orlando, it hit our local Art house theater.  We had never been to this theater and I have only gone back one time since.  That was due to a free screening of Birdman.

Angie and I went to the theater.  This theater is a dine in experience.  You can order food.  We looked at the menu and decided it was too expensive.  People who did order had to wait.  Most of their food came close to the end of the movie.  I guess they had a backup of orders.  I liked the movie.  Angie thought it was okay.  She does not like moving camera films.  When we left the theater, it was dark.  The parking lot has a lot of trees around it.  We got in the car to go home and pulled up to the driveway.  I was looking for traffic.  This guy is walking from our left.  He is wearing a hiking backpack and looked kind of scruffy.  Angie sees this and goes "hit the gas!"  I guess she was having a flashback from the film.

No comments: