Ad

Monday, August 31, 2015

In Tribute to Wes Craven

We lost a great director yesterday.  Wes Craven was one of my favorite horror directors.  I remember renting a lot of his movies and watching them with my father.  One movie that really stands out to me was  A Nightmare on Elm Street.  My dad took us to a movie theater in Raleigh, NC.  This theater no longer exists.  It was in Cameron Village.  It was a two screen theater.  During the day, this theater had its problems.  When you were in one of the theaters and someone opened a door, the light from the sun went right onto the screen.  At night, this theater had a certain spookiness to it.  That coupled with A Nightmare on Elm Street gave it a real horrific feel.  After seeing the movie, we left the theater.  It felt like you were on Elm Street.  As a filmmaker, he will be missed.

No comments: