Ad

Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. R.E.V.I.E.W

I went into this not knowing what to expect.  I went to the theater to get into line.  I was about 5th or 6th.  Shortly, another two people joined the line.  They came up to me wonder how long the line was.  It was clear that there was only about 5 or 6 people in the line.  I actually thought they were being sarcastic, but came to realize that they were serious.  Then they went to the other extreme.  They started complaining about people going up in front with there friends.  They even said that if they did not get in they were going to blow up.  I'm thinking, even if 20 or so people get in front of us, we still will get in the theater.  When my movie experience begins like that, I start to worry.

The movie turned out to be pleasantly surprising.  I guess I should not have doubted that it would be a good movie.  It was directed by Guy Ritchie.  He directed the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. and Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels.  This had a great pairing of actors and actresses.  Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer did a great job.  Henry Cavill reminded me why they picked him to be Superman.  It was a great caper.  I'm glad I did not research it too closely.  I still bet the original shows are probably corny and not worth my time.  If you get a chance to see this movie, do so.  It will be worth your time and money.

No comments: