Ad

Friday, August 7, 2015

As Time Goes By

As you get older, memories seem to disappear.  I can only remember some of my early times in California.  We lived there due to my father being stationed at Camp Pendleton.  We lived on the base.  From there, we went to the town/city of Oceanside.  When we were there it was small and quaint.  I don't think it was as expensive as it probably is now.  We have not gone back since we left.  I did travel there via Google Maps.  I can tell it has changed a lot.  Even the house we lived in is gone.  The new house would have been a nicer place to stay.  

I have always been a fan of horror movies.  One incident that I can remember happened before I got into movies.  We were living on the base and someone broke into our house.  They took some things and broke eggs on our floor.  From that, I came up with some kind of alternate story of a mythical animal breaking into our house and leaving its prints.  I would always say that "the foot" broke into our house.  Of course, it was probably young people with a dog.  When you are young, your mind plays tricks with the facts.  

No comments: