Ad

Monday, March 9, 2015

Newest Adoption Book. . .Great for people Considering Adoption

This book is a good book.  It is for people who have not been through the process of International Adoption.  When reading it, it feels like a rerun.  It is a play by play of what we have done three times before.  I'm almost done, but I can't say whether I have learned anything new.  I guess when it comes to learning about other countries practices, maybe.  All the other experiences are the same.  I do like that she is not judgemental like others.  She still goes on to say that if you are considering adopting an older child you should do it from the US, because it is basically free and she explains that it is a myth that older children in orphanages will not have issues, like Reactive Attachment Disorder.  That might be true.  What kind of life will a child in another country receive if they are not adopted?  Will a foster child in America get a college education, if they want it?  Does the state pay for it whether they are adopted or not?  I don't think children in China would receive that benefit.  I will say both sets of children will learn to game the system.  It's called survival.  

I like the book, but I have lived it.  She does have one are about what to bring.  She says to bring diapers, baby rash cream, etc.  I would have to add to that.  If you bring creams and lotions, make sure it will be accepted by airport security.  When in China, we had a big, new tube of baby rash cream.  They took it from us.  It had to be a mini size.  You do have to think about what security in your country and the adoptive country will allow.  Also, they have stores in China.  You can get your baby supplies there and at a fraction of the cost.  

No comments: