Ad

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I-800A Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country

I came home last night and Angie was busy plugging away at her computer.  My daughters were cooking up a dessert and a mess in the kitchen.  When Angie gets her mind fixed on something, all else disappears.  She managed to get all the forms and had me sign my part.  Then it was off to Fed-Ex.

The purpose was to apply or continue the process for our I-800A.  I looked it up to see the purpose of this form (http://www.uscis.gov/i-800a).  It is "for adjudicating the eligibility and suitability of the applicant(s) to adopt a child who habitually resides in a Hague Adoption Convention country."  

Next up is the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Application.  I'm sure they all have fees.  The reason you have to wait on these is because they want detailed information about the child you will be bringing back to the country.  When we get off the plane, the Customs agent will open a package and the information must meet the child you bring back.


No comments: