Ad

Saturday, March 7, 2015

What do you mean is she adopted!

We were out today.  We saw another couple, a white couple, with an Asian child.  Usually, we will smile and they will do the same when they see our daughters.  This couple saw our children, but they had no recognition what so ever to our shared experience.  We see that a lot.  There are people out there that don't even acknowledge that they have an adopted child.  It's like they are from the Penguins of Madagascar. While waving their hands: "You do not see our Asian child".  " We are not the same or did not share the same experience".  "Walk along, nothing to see here".  I think if you mentioned that the child was Asian, they would tell us she was white.  Like I said, we see this.  In the beginning of our process, we listened to parents getting upset about the whole thing.  I understand asking of certain questions, but it's a little hard to hide the fact that our child is Asian and we are white.  As you can tell from this blog, I like to talk about it.  I want to share it with everyone.  I love my daughters and their culture.

No comments: