Ad

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Finally finished Chapter 1. . .Quick overview or welcome to adoption

It was an interesting chapter.  The author goes into the types of adoption without denigrating one over the other.  I think that is good.  I have had issues, but those form our way of thinking about adoption.  I can say been there done that.  All children need a loving home.  She talked a lot about In vitro Fertilization and the end had a bunch of remarks from people she interviewed.  I can safely say that I skimmed through those.  I feel no connection to those people.  Even if we had wanted to go that route, we do not have the money to waste on a treatment that is not guaranteed to work.  I've heard of people the keep trying after the first time has failed.  It was never a concern with us.  She does talk about reluctance of one partner, but I think we were both on the same page.  Just a little nervous at first.  I was nervous about going to a country I have never been to and being handed a baby who would depend on us for her needs.

Now I am a pro at this.  Well, sort of.  This time it will be a blind baby.  I'm guessing she is going to be scared until she gets used to our voices.  There may be a lot of crying in the beginning.  

No comments: