Ad

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Same Company Different Tastes

One thing that I look forward to when we travel is tasting things from a new area.  I try to look things up on the computer to see what I should be looking for.  One day, I want to go to Philadelphia to try original cheese steak sandwiches.

In China, each province has its own way of cooking or specialty.  Cheng du has Sichuan oil.  They put it on just about everything.  Another specialty, that we did not get to try, was Hot Pot.  I am hoping to try it on this next visit.  That is what the Toilet Bowl restaurant specializes in.  As for Harbin, I have found a couple of places.  They even have Russian food.  I asked for suggestions, but got no reply.  I will have to do more research.

Another food item that is interesting in another country are things like chips and soda.  In America, they have certain flavors that appeal to this market.  In China, you might find Mango flavored Lays.  I must say were quite good.  They also have seaweed, cucumber and other flavors that appeal to the Asian market.  Sodas are another item that is different in China.  Sprite has a ginger and a mint flavor.  I have tried the mint flavor.  It tasted like mouthwash.  Mountain Dew was there, but it did not taste like it does in America.  I couldn't tell if it was less sugar or carbonation.  It did not taste the same.  Coke and Pepsi taste the same.  It will be interesting if there are some newer flavors to try.  

No comments: