Ad

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ebay. . .Price can be a big Deterrent

Another failed plan.  I listed Shawshank at $400 and then $200.  No buyers.  I did have 20 looks, but no watchers.  I saw that another had sold for $499 by a poster company.  Sad thing is, those companies get their posters from people like me and mark them up for a better sale.  I had one do that to me.  He claimed he could not go as high as I asked.  He ended up with 30 posters for $700.  I did see where he was able to sell some of them for a higher price.  I still think I got a better amount then he wanted to pay.  You have to watch out for dealers.  They will lowball you and sell it for a huge markup.  I'm talking baseball card, comic, art dealers, etc.  Just be careful if you go this route.  They prey upon people "just trying to get rid of stuff".

No comments: