Ad

Monday, March 30, 2015

Jurassic World . . . A blast from the past

I was watching the Walking Dead finale and the commercial for Jurassic World came on last night.  It brought me back to when Angie and I worked at a movie theater in Raleigh, NC.  The first Jurassic Park was coming to our theater.  We had arranged a movie promotion for Jurassic Park.  We built a life size opening to the park with a display, jungle cargo netting, etc.  Not only that, but we were able to secure tickets on Amtrak to Orlando and tickets to Universal Park, Orlando.  At this time, we had already made plans to go down to Orlando.  We got to visit the parks.  I was able to secure passes to Universal from the film company.

It was at this time that I decided to propose to Angie.  We both love movies.  I probably more than Angie.  We went to Planet Hollywood.  I guess I thought it would be a great place to propose.  As I look back now, it was kind of cheesy.  It did set our lives in motion.  We now live in Orlando.  We have not even been back to Planet Hollywood since.  Food was good, but it is a loud atmosphere.  I did like watching the movie clips.

I think this was also the trip that I found out that my father had died.  He did not even know that we were getting engaged.  I had not talked to him in a couple of months.  It was sort of like the Harry Chapin song Cats in the Cradle.  I feel that way even more with kids.

Like I said, this movie preview brought back memories.  Between the visuals and the music.

No comments: