Ad

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What Goes Up. . .

One great thing about living in Florida is that NASA is in our backyard.  When a shuttle would go up, you could walk out into the front yard and watch it go up.  Now that the program is over, we have rockets that go up.  They still put on a show for us.  Angie got to see the Space-X rocket blow up a couple of months ago.  This morning, I woke up and turned on the news.  They had a picture of a rocket on the launch pad.  I had one minute to get outside.  I grabbed my keys and went out.  I face east.  I have to wait for the rocket to go up a certain distance before I can see it.  There are some trees in the way.  If there is heavy cloud cover, it is time to go back in.  I would not be able to see anything.  Today was good,  light cloud cover did not block my view.  I got to see the flame from the rocket.  It is the bright light to the right of the streetlight.

 

No comments: