Ad

Monday, September 21, 2015

Flashback Chengdu

Everyday, I look/listen for inspiration to write.  It may come from a news report or just something I witness coming into work.  Today, is on of  those days.  I was waiting in traffic and I had an Audi sitting right in front of me.  That brought me back to Chengdu, China.  No, I did not drive or drive in and Audi.  

A couple of years ago, we went to Chengdu, China to adopt Mia.  We stayed in a Chinese hotel in the middle of town.  Evidently,  this hotel was a favorite of the local government officials.  One day, we went down for breakfast.  In the dining area were a bunch of older men.  I noticed they had pins on their clothing.  Another thing I noticed was that there was only one female on the floor.  Usually, the dining room had mainly female wait staff.  On this day, I only saw the one female.  I figured it was something they had to do for the officials.  When we were done, we left the hotel through their parking area.  In it, there were a bunch of black Audi's.  Some if not all had Chinese flags on the vehicles.  I think since then, they central government has required the local governments to use Chinese vehicles and get away from the luxury vehicles.   

No comments: