Ad

Friday, September 4, 2015

Book Suggestion: The Operators and Gathering Prey

I love movies, but I also like to read.  I try to when I have time.  When I do not, I listen to them on Disc.  If you have not tried it, you should.  I will tell you that your experience will be enhanced or killed by the reader.  If they are not that good, you will have a hard time getting into the book.  When you start doing this, you will start to see which readers are good and which to avoid.  

I like to read about movies from books.  It gives me something to listen to.  When I read they are adapting a book from a certain type of book, I will look for it in the library.  When I heard that Brad Pitt was going to star and produce The Operators by Michael Hastings, I had to check it out.  It is a non fiction story about General Stanley McChrystal and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.  This interview ended up get the General fired.  It was a very interesting book.  If you are into non fiction tales about politics and war, check it out.  

I also got the latest book by John Sandford.  He writes a series of books about a police officer in Minnesota that tracks down killers and other criminals.  They all have the word Prey in the series.  The latest is called Gathering Prey.  It was a great listen.  The reader of this book has read most of the books in this series.  If you like tales with serial killers and police that track them down, this series is a must read.  

No comments: