Ad

Friday, September 11, 2015

A Good Start to the Weekend

This morning I woke up to find that I have won a Kindle.  This is probably the biggest thing I have ever won.  I won it through China Daily.  They were holding a Q & A through Facebook.  People from China posed questions to people in America.  I thought it would be interesting to join in on the conversation.  They asked questions about Chinese TV shows.  I happened to know of one that my daughters loved called Pleasant Goat and the Big Big Wolf.  They asked about Japan and their WWII history.  I said that in school we only learned the basic information.  Japan was involved, they attacked China and its neighbors.  Then they turned their sights on the US.  I did not know about the atrocities committed in China.  I only learned that after researching the areas my daughters come from.  They also asked about teens and sex.  I talked about the media in this country.  Between songs, videos, TV shows and movies, they perpetuate this idea that teens should have sex at an early age.  This in turn puts pressure on teens from their peers.

In addition to this great news, I am also getting my air fixed this weekend.  I drop off my car tomorrow.  They have the parts and approval from the insurance company to fix it. We only need to pay the deductible.  I also saw that are temperature is coming down over week.  Fall is creeping into Florida.  I just wish it was cooler.

No comments: