Ad

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mr. Fix it? With update

I have written in the past that I am not the person you want fixing something.  Angie is more into tools than I am.  Kiersten got mad at me and pointed out that we had not fixed a bike that she got about a year ago.  The problem is the chain kept falling off.  I thought it might have to be shortened or the back wheel extended.  I don't even know if that can be done.  I pulled the bike into the living room to look at it.  I gathered tools, like I had a clue what to do.  I started going around the back tire.  I could not find any bolts I could loosen.  At one point, Angie looked.  She did not see anything.

Frustrated, I just sat there and looked at the chain.  I placed it back on the spokes or whatever it is called.  I turned the pedals to see if something jumped out to me.  Low and behold I saw exactly what I thought was wrongs.  The main pedal/spoke thing was bent.  The spokes were coming off the chain at a certain point.  I went into the garage to get a hammer.  I pounded on it.  After a couple of times, I think I got it.  I had Kiersten got out to try it.  So far, it has worked.

She has gone out multiple times and it still works.

No comments: