Ad

Monday, September 7, 2015

A Day of Rest. . .Labor Day

Today is Labor Day in America.  It is a day when a lot of people take the day to rest, get along with friends, have cookouts, etc.  It also signals the end of the summer.  I am looking forward to the fall.  The drop in the weather, slight in Florida is greatly appreciated.  I use this time to get back the the yard and fix the neglect of the summer.  Weeds have overtaken everything.  I don't know if I will have time to do it today.  The girls want to go to a trampoline place.  They are having a one time all day charge.  It would be fun for them, but not for the parents who has to stay.  I still have things to do to get ready for the upcoming week.

This month is also the month that we do a Moon Festival with our Children from China group.  This year, we will be skipping out.  They have picked an over priced place to stay out.  We cannot justify the cost.  I hate skipping out because the girls love it.  Unfortunately, our group seems to be going towards higher dollar activities.  We may look into another group.  Just like the adoptions, the families here are not always inclusive of all.

No comments: