Ad

Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend with Elana

We went out to breakfast yesterday.  I thought that Elana could sit on my lap and she would be content.  I was wrong.  Like a lot of times when we eat out with her, I had to stand.  If I did not, she would continue to scream.  At one point, I tried to hand her over to Angie.  That lasted for about a second.  I asked Angie to hand her back.  As she did, Elana's hand or leg took out my water glass.  I had to stand while waiting for the food.  When it came, I tried to sit and eat.  I gave Elana some food and she spit it out.  Then, the screaming started.  Quickly, I ate my food and stood up.

After that, we went over to Wal-Mart.  I did not want to carry Elana in my arms, so I pulled out the baby carrier.  She was so happy.  She did not scream.  I had plenty of looks at my cute baby.  Of course, I did not see their reaction if they noticed her eyes.  It was a fun time for her.

This morning, as I was getting ready, Elana comes strolling into the living room.  She was so happy.  She had a smile.  I took her in my arms for a couple of minutes.  I thought she would be okay with that time with me.  I was wrong.  As soon as I put her down, she started crying for me.  I found out later that her sisters woke up to hold her.

No comments: