Ad

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Reality in Film

When I watch a movie, I do it for escapism.  Sometimes, reality sneaks in.  I saw A Walk in the Woods.  The thing that got me was I'd love to do something like that.  Who has time to do that?  I know the character is retired.  Time would not be a problem.  As a younger person, I could not take off from work a couple of months to make the trek.

Another thing that gets me are the houses featured in movies.  You might have a middle class family or so they say, but the house is something that would run over $1,000,000 in Florida.  I look at some of these houses and wish I could afford something like that.  I'm sure most of the families that adopt look at these same house and see their own house or neighborhoods.

I guess that is why I like sci-fi and fantasy movies.  They don't show a reality I live in.

No comments: