Ad

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Elana Whisperer

We all have read or watched or know about the book/movie The Horse Whisperer.  I think I possess those powers with children.  Specifically, Elana.  She is with Angie and her sisters all day, while I am at work.  When I get home, she seeks me out.  If she starts crying or screaming, I am the only one who seems to calm her down.  Usually, it is with a touch of her hand.  Last night, she woke up screaming.  I got out of bed and went to her.  As soon as she knew I was there, she went right back to sleep.  On other nights, she may not sense me.  But, as soon as I pick her up, she is content.  I don't know if these skills can be taught or even passed on.  As they said in Spiderman, With great power comes great responsibility.  Sorry if I got that wrong, but I would say that is a paraphrase of what was said.

No comments: