Ad

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Baby on Board!

You've probably seen them, if you live in the US.  They might even have them in other countries.  That thing would be the sign on the back of a car or a bumper sticker proclaiming Baby on Board!  They have spawned all kinds of other things like stick figures announcing each family member or that the parent is proud of their son or daughter.  As a side note, I would not go that far.  When you do something like that, you give criminals more information than they need.  They could approach your child and call their name and say they are a friend of the parent, who they also name.

Before you jump to a conclusion, I did not add any of these things on my car.  My car is bumper/sign free.  It will stay that way.  My license does support Autism Speaks, but that is in honor of Kayla.  This title has more to do with Elana's need to be held.  A couple of weeks ago, we bought one of those carriers.  The cool thing is, it can be worn from the front or the back.

Elana has taken a liking to me.  I have written about this extensively.  This need causes problem at dinner time.  I am the main cook in the house.  If they want food, they have to help with Elana.  She was not having this last night.  She only wanted me.  I grabbed the carrier and put it on.  Angie slid Elana on my back.  I went about my business.  She was happy.  She did not cry.  It looks like I will have to hold her while cooking.  Maybe I should get a bumper sticker for the carrier.

No comments: