Ad

Monday, July 6, 2015

You Can't Play in my Sandbox!

You've got to love work.  When people don't get along or do things a certain way, how should it be resolved?  In places I have worked, it usually ended in a blow up.  I remember a low point in my career when I yelled at a coworker.  We tried to go through the supervisor, but the person did not stop talking about us.  One day, I had had enough.  I did not get in as much trouble as I could have, but I did learn to not let things bother me as much.

In other places, you could get praise all day long until something goes wrong.  Then you get the third degree as to why you did what you did.  They would not even take, I screwed up.  They would then ask you to document your screwup step by step.

When adults work together, shouldn't they discuss their issues.  To me, that would be the best way.  If I am doing something that is not the way it should be done, point it out to me.  I don't always catch everything, especially when I have been on a vacation or out adopting for three weeks.  Just tell me we discussed this in a meeting.  Oh well.  Adults want to be treated as such until it affects them in a certain way.

No comments: