Ad

Friday, July 17, 2015

New Adoption, New Families

As I have written in the past, we got to meet other families.  When we were in Harbin, we were the only family at the hotel that was adopting.  However, in Guangzhou, there were lots of families.  It seems that this hotel is one of the main adoption hotels, now that the White Swan is closed.  We got to talk with other families that were similar to ours.  We saw a bunch that were not.  We even had one in our group.  Our new agency does things a little different or maybe it was just the timing of our adoptions.  Our other agency would group people together.  We did see groups like that.

Our "group" consisted of a man and the son he was adopting.  His wife could not make the trip due to a medical emergency.  They were staying at the hotel we wanted to stay at.  The other family had a mother, father, son, daughter and the child they were adopting.  When we were driving to the gem market, they were talking about how they could not get first class tickets on the train.  I'm assuming it's the train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.  They had to settle for second class.  Gee I wonder if they were able to get first class tickets on the planes?  I did not even know they had a first class on a train.  I guess it shows how much I travel.  Not only that, I can't afford first class for anything.  I have passed through that section on a plane, while walking to the back of the plane.

I tell you, some people make lifetime friends through their adoptions.  We can safely say that has not happened.  We do keep up with families from our first adoption, but have lost touch with the second adoption families.  I do keep up with a family from the third adoption.  But I can't say we are close.

No comments: