Ad

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Heritage Tours

When I go on the Internet, I always see adds for Heritage Tours.  Be it Facebook, Yahoo, etc, they always seem to find me.  They all say that our adopted children will be able to go free.  However, they want $2,000 from us.  Not only that, but the orphanage changes like $200 for a family visit.  I don't understand the rationality of charging people this much to visit.  I would say only one of my daughters would remember her orphanage.  I don't know if the others would care to visit.  If we are lucky, the people who took care of them might be there.  I'd rather visit the city/town/village that the orphanage is located.  My daughters could see the place that they could have grown up in.  Sometimes, the fees we get charged are outrageous.  I guess there are families out there that feel this kind of payment is worth it.

Another thing we'd have to consider is how many provinces are they visiting and are they the ones our daughters come from?  Knowing our luck, we'd have to pay extra for each province not on their list.  I want to go back when my daughters grow older, but we will have to think of how it will be done.  Maybe we will have our own reality show and this will be one of those special vacations used to increase ratings.

No comments: