Ad

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fight the Power!

This is one of my favorite Public Enemy songs from my youth.  It is a song with meaning.  I don't like to get political, not that often and not in a public forum.  I don't even bother on Facebook.  I don't get any replies on this blog, so it seems like a great place to vent.  Yesterday, I read where two different CEO's were talking about how $15 an hour was going to ruin their businesses.

Before you go believing what they say, you have to read between the lines.  My first question is how much are these CEO's taking home in salary?  Do you really think they are worth the amount they get paid?  Who does all the heavy lifting?  I would venture a guess that it is the same people they do not want to pay.  I'm sure there is some pressures for being a CEO, but I guess if they feel too much pressure, they can take their private jet to one of their huge properties to get away from it all.  When their bottom level employees feel the same pressure, where can they go?

One of those CEO's is or was from McDonald's.  He also claims that it will hurt franchisees.  Before you go writing your politician, think about what it takes to be a franchise owner.  Most companies require the person to be a millionaire.  A lot of them own more than one location.  Do you think they are scrimping for their money?  If you want to look at it from their point of view, than which do you think concerns them more, minimum wage or McDonald's inability to make food people want to eat?  I'm wondering if the CEO is bringing up minimum wage to deflect attention from their current problems.

The other CEO is from Dunkin Foods.  First of all, their food is too expensive.  There are a lot of better establishments that charge less for a better and less generic product.  If they are charging as much as they do, where is the money going?  I'd like to know what the top tier of that company takes home.  I really don't understand why people at the top think they need all the money and the ones at the bottom are lucky to be working for them.

In my current situation, I'd like more pay.  Just a little increase.  It would be great to expand my house and be able to provide for my children.  I'd probably even adopt another child or two.  I don't need much.  I feel I have the things I want.  I have a birthday coming up and I don't even know what to ask for.

Just remember when politicians and rich people claim that any increase will hurt the "little" businesses, who are they talking about?  Why do they deserve to take so much of it for themselves?  Before you go taking their sides, do the research.  If you don't, you are just being led around.  It is like the book 1984.  The system tells you what to think and how to think.  I guess that's why Fox News is so popular.  Do we really want to live in a society like 1984?

No comments: