Ad

Monday, June 15, 2015

US Consulate Elana Starts Citizenship Process

This morning we had to wake early.  We had an early appointment.  One big question we needed answering is are we going to be leaving on timr. Other families have had to wait past their leave time.  The computers have been down or working very slowly.  I am hoping this will not happen to us.  


We stopped by the clinic for Elana's medical records.  The we walked across to the consulate.  Our guode pointed to the building and said that was it.  This was not the same building my other three daughters went to.  What had happened is that they were in a temporary building until they could build their own.  


There were a lot of people waiting to get in.  They were locals waiting for Visas to visit America.  We had our own line.  Although we had to wait, it was with other adoptive families.  


Our guide could not go inside.  So, she told us what to do.  Whrn we got onto our floor, we went straight to line 7 to get our number.  Whrn 12 families had got in the room, they told the families how things were going to work.


While Angie did this process, I tried to keep Elana happy.  I thought I had done a good job.  She was fussy, but what child would not have been.  


They did tell us that we will find out by 10:30am if we will get the Visa's on time.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  We were not planning to stay extra days.  I did write my Senator to see if we will be reimbursed.  If not, you can still make donations to Reece's Rainbow.  



Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

No comments: