Ad

Monday, June 22, 2015

Music Buying in China

Buying music in China can be an experience.  On our first adoption, I was all about US music.  I would not even give music from other countries a chance.

After Kiersten, things changed.  I walked into a shop next to the hotel.  One thing you will find out is that you have to do the research.  What do people listen to.  Of that, what appeals to your tastes.  China house different styles of music.  You have instrumental, old style with lyrics, pop, rock, and rap.

When I walked in, I started to look.  The store was divided by English music, Chinese music, and DVD's.  I went over to Chinese.  The woman tells me that western music is in another section.  I tell her that I want Chinese, but I don't know what is good.  She picks out two singers: Janice and Soulboy.  This is where I gained my appreciation for foreign music.

Then, I discovered Psy.  That led to other K-Pop groups.  Upon arriving for our last adoption, I had to find music.  I ended up buying Jay Chou.  It was a DVD of a lot of his videos.  I think I got a CD.  Sony has a deal with the Orange County Library System.  People in Orlando van download music for free.  Jay Chou's music was available.  I also discovered other singers.

On this adoption, I was going to find more music and DVD's for Pleasant Goat.  I asked our guide.  She first thought I meant classical.  I said I wanted current.  She told us that people mainly download.  I did find one place.  I was able to find a K-Pop CD.

I guess I will have to find ways to download the music I want.

No comments: