Ad

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Meal to Remember

In Guangzhou, there was an amazing dumpling restaurant.  This would be other than The Noodle King.  This business is an out of the way place.  Our guide from our last adoption showed us this gem.  The cost and taste could not be beat.

Since it was near our old hotel, we had to take the subway over.  After a little shopping, I walked over by myself.  I guesstimate people would not go where I did, but it was worth it.  The area is an alleyway.  People are selling things on both sides of the road/walkway.  They are mainly selling vegetables and meat.  I did see one or two little stores.  I like these, because they are not as high ad 7-11.

Once I hit a road that intersects, I turn to the right and the place is on the left.  I walk in and get the usual stares.  I go up to someone taking orders.  He offers me a table.  I explain that I want to take it out. He finally says take away.  I look through the menu.  I ordered egg fried rice, beef dumplings, and a Chinese Hamburger.  The order cost $30 Yuan.  About $6 US.

THe food was great.  It lasted through dinner.

No comments: