Ad

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Same Nightmare Different Plane

Elana does not like flying.  She had a fit as soon as we got on the plane.  I held her in my arms.  I did my best to calm her down.  It had no effect.  I could just feel the stares.  I tried to feed her, but the only thing that did was kelp her from screaming louder.

The next option was to hand her to Angie.  She still continued to cry.  After we were airborne, she asked if she could go to the middle to stand and rock her.  They said it would be fine.  She finally calmed down.  The next thing I know, a stewardess is asking me to go back to Angie.  She had to go to the bathroom.  Elana willingly got into my arms.  The only issue was she did not want to go back.

I stood and rocked her.  The stewardess asked questions about our family.  At one point, Elana let me sit her down.  I think she saw me nodding off syndrome point.  Elana crawled on the floor and found a little cubbyhole and laid down.  Eventually she fell asleep.  The stewardess said she would watch her and said I could go to sleep.

When she returned to Angie, she did not cry.  That ended the first self of this trip.

No comments: