Ad

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Movie Theater in China

As you might have guessed, I am a movie fan.  I watch them every chance I get.  This trip, I actually went into a movie theater.  The theaters we visited were inside buildings.  Usually on the top floor.  One even had an Imax theater.  I would have loved to have seen a movie, but that would have been difficult.

When we entered the theaters, they had a set up similar to the US.  There is a box office and then ropes to the theaters and concessions.  My biggest problem is that it would have been really hard to get a ticket.  None of the titles were in English.  They did not even have posters close enough to point them out.  I could have asked the ticket person to walk with me as I pointed out the movie.  Not only that, but I think most of them would have been in Mandarin.  If it had been Jurassic World, I think it would have been in English with Pinyin subtitles.

I did see that concessions had some decent deals.  It would have been interesting to experience a movie in China.  Maybe next time.

No comments: