Ad

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Why seek donations? Healthcare's effects on International Adoption

As I have written, adopting internationally can be expensive.  Unlike giving birth to a child, health care does not cover any of our costs.  We are responsible for fees, airfare, food, and donations.  We have paid for our last adoptions.  This time, we are down to one job.  We have the money in savings and the things we are trying to sell.  But, they are not selling as quickly as we had planned.  If this were a pregnancy situation, we'd have insurance to pay for a portion and we would be responsible for the rest.  The people we'd have to pay would probably work with us.  International adoption does not work that way.  I wish it did.

We even tried fundraisers for the past adoptions.  This time, I decided to sell my collectibles.  The child is more important than the items.  Plus, they will hopefully make someone happy.  I just keep them in a closet.  If you are reading this and feel in your heart that what we are doing is good, think about donating.  It really is going to make a difference in a child's life.  At the rate my wife is going, it may help more than one.  As for Elana, I plan to keep posting after we get back to show her progress.  Usually, these kids thrive when they have a family.

I know, you are probably thinking, why doesn't his wife go get a job?  She had one.  They did not like the fact that she wanted to raise a family.  They thought she should put her job first, then family.  If you agree with that sentiment, I'm sorry.  We feel family comes first.  I'd rather look back on all the good we have done for our children, than all the good I did for an employer.  If I had not said this before, my wife suffers from a rare disorder.  As she gets older, she gets tired.  By staying out of work, she can rest up to the time the children come home and then take care of their needs.

Talked to Angie about the adoption today.  It looks like it could be a turn around of about three months.  As soon as it goes to China, it depends on how quickly they review our file.  They are supposed to expedite our records.  Stress level just went up.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions.  I would love to see something.  I wonder if people are really reading what I write or did you just stumble upon this and did not mean to be here.  Either way, let me know.  Feel free to click on the Amazon links.  Even if you don't buy anything, they may see the traffic I can send them.  I just want to see that people are on the other side of the click that is registered.  Right now, I feel that someone has programmed bots to click in.  I would not know why, I don't pay for this or get any revenue from clicks.  I have also added other blogs that might interest you.

No comments: