Ad

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Countdown to Adoption: Chengdu

During this adoption, I thought it would be fun to do a countdown.  I started with the song Countdown by Lindsey Buckingham.  After that, I looked for a bunch of songs with China in them:  China Grove by the Doobie Brothers, Like China by Phil Collins, China Roses by Enya, Arrested in Shanghai by Rancid.  The way I'd do it is I'd wake up, grab my Kindle and look for the particular song.  Then I'd wake Angie for her song of the day.  Sometimes they were new songs that she had not heard before like Welcome to Beijing by a group of Chinese artists, including Jackie Chan.  I didn't even know that he was a singer.  They did this song for the Olympics, but it fit our travels.  Beijing was the first stop.

If you are preparing for a journey, this is a fun way to build up to it.  Today, I found a list on Wikipedia of songs with numbers in their titles.  I will be formulating them and seeing if I can do a playlist in Spotify.  If not, it will probably be a mixture of Spotify, Youtube, and just finding it on the Internet.  I will keep you updated.

No comments: