Ad

Friday, January 2, 2015

Adopting Older Children. Is there a documentary about it?

When we were considering adopting an older child, I wish there had been a good documentary to watch on the subject.  We had read books and even talked to a therapist.  We knew about things to expect and maybe warnings about it.  I'm still glad we did it.  I want to do it again.  We had even asked about an 11 year old, but the agency did not think we made enough money.  Goes back to my last book talking about adopting internationally only being for the rich.

So, this morning I woke up and turned on the Kindle.  I wanted to watch something on Netflix.  I perused the titles looking for something new.  My eyes found "The Dark Matter of Love" directed by Sarah McCarthy.  I read what it was about and it struck my interest.  It is a documentary about a family who adopts a group of children from a Russian orphanage and learns what it is to be a family.  It is a really good film.  We have been there and done that.  Even if it took longer, we still have come together as a family.  I think watching  it would have helped.  I would suggest it to anyone thinking about adopting older children.

No comments: