Ad

Friday, January 23, 2015

Ebay: The Road to Successful Selling

We started selling things in November.  We have sold about 10 posters or more, but we were able to get 10 great ratings.  At this point, we are still at 10 items a month or $1,000.  I had been investigating an increase in our limit.  The site says you can apply through a link to get it increased.  Every time we tried the system would say there was a system error.  I started digging a little deeper.  What I found was that you can call and request an increase.  Angie called them.  Unfortunately, she was not allowed to talk to them.  I found that weird because she set up the account.  I'm guessing she did so under my name and did not realize that she had to put her own name as a user of the account.  I had to call. 

While I sat waiting for a movie sneak of Mortdecai, great movie by the way, I called Ebay.  They asked me a series of questions and then agreed to increase the limit.  I would have been happy with 20 and really happy with 50, but they increased it to 100.  I will be taking full advantage of this opportunity.  

If you are going to try this route for fundraising, here is some advice.  When you begin, you have 45 day intro period.  During this time, try to sell things to get ratings.  Be very efficient and make sure you wrap your items so that they are safe.  Once you establish your great ratings and are passed the 45 day period, then you can request an increase.  

No comments: