Ad

Friday, January 30, 2015

Down in the dumps . . .Feel like I was slapped in the face

Waiting can be really hard.  When you have lots of time to think and just figure out what you are going to do before introducing another child in your household.  One of the biggest shrug offs we have received has been from social media.  You go on Facebook and post because you are happy.  Then when no one seems enthusiastic it gets you down.  I see people get happy all the time at work when people announce they are pregnant or their wife is having a baby.  I'm sure if they posted they'd get tons of congratulations or likes.  Not many in my account.  I'm looking forward to my new daughter.  I guess that is why I share here.  I can tell people and think they are happy for us.  I don't really have to worry about comments, no one does it.  My "likes" come from the number of people who might read a post.  I can tell people are not big on the music I share.  That's okay.  I like it and tried to share it with my daughters.  I got the same response.  However, they do sing to it when I play it.

My day had started okay today.  It's Friday.  Then I had a meeting and got news that did not inspire me.  Through all my jobs, all I have hoped for is that my employer would be happy with my work.  This would hopefully lead to raises and promotions.  It just seems that I can't get a break.  Maybe I need to reevaluate my life.  I went into insurance because it seemed like a job I could do and it is in my family blood.  My grandfather owned his own insurance agency.  Wish I could have trained under him and followed in his footsteps.  Where I am is behind the scenes of insurance.  I just don't know.  At least I have an adoption to look forward to.  Wish we could raise more money.  I hate to think that I will have to depend on my job alone to pay back money we may borrow or sell off our stock and use up savings.

No comments: