Ad

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fundraising the downside

Fundraising is turning out to be quite difficult.  Here I thought we had a noble cause with which we were trying to raise money.  I see these fly by night go fund me stories and think people give to these causes, so a special needs child is a shoo in for assistance.  I was wrong.  People like to voice there acceptance of what we do, but secretly, I think they are saying, Not me, I'd never do that.  Not only that, but I have talked with some people who probably say, Why are they bringing "those" children to our country?  They are taking up our insurance and taking away from all the children who need adoption over here!"  I can say that I have adopted from America and one day, I will share why we don't continue.  Just remember, when you are trying to adopt like we have, don't be surprised if you are unable to raise money.  At least, the online auctions have been bringing in some money.

No comments: