Ad

Monday, January 26, 2015

Driving in China: An act I leave up to the Professionals

Driving in a new area can be a scary proposition.  When I first came down to Florida, I experienced that first hand.  My brother-in-law does not like driving down  here.  Orlando can be a scary place to drive.  We have a melting pot of drivers around here.    Drivers are from all around the world.  We have people that are lost all the time.  They forget that we have laws that are similar to their home towns, cities, countries.  As scary as this can be, driving in China is not for the weary.

When you go to China, they usually set up transportation or you can take cabs.  After experiencing the roads in China, I would not even want to try and drive on my own.  People do all kinds of crazy maneuvers.   We even saw a wedding party on the highway.  What made this interesting/dangerous was that the wedding group was in one vehicle, while another group was hanging from the back of a vehicle to videotape the trip.  As crazy as it is, it is an organized craziness.  They seem to work together.  We did not see that many accidents.

This even goes for walking.  I would not just walk into traffic in this country.  They may not stop.  We usually would cross with the locals in large groups.  That way there would be people to act as a buffer to the oncoming car.  The most the people in the cars would do is to honk their horns.

I will say one thing, they did a great job getting us to our locations.  We were always safe.  It was just a little jarring watching how others drove.











No comments: