Ad

Monday, January 5, 2015

Movie of Our Lives. The Unbelievable casting of a Made up Movie

Have you ever seen those movies that are based on someones life or exploits?  I would love for this blog to become something more.  What I am trying to do is educate people as well as entertain.  Our exploits have had drama, comedy and some adventure.  Who would I see doing this?  Adam Sandler.  Before you turn off and stop reading, let me explain.  I love his movies, especially The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, and Blended.  Not only do they exhibit comedy, but these movies have something more to them.  I could see Adam Sandler as myself and Drew Barrymore as Angie.  Once over in China, I would love to see an actress like Ziyi Zhang or Michelle Yeoh as our guide.  We were fortunate to have the same person around on all three adoptions.  As for the other families, they could have any actors.  This would be my dream.  Putting this concept into any ones hands in Hollywood is kind of impossible.  I guess if my exploits were published and made a splash, we could see it on the big or little screen.  Since this is written by a male, I guess I would not see a Lifetime movie.  That is unless they change to voice to Angie.  As for the children, I liked what Sandler does with children in his movies.  That would be my daughters.  They all have a sense of humor.

I saw Inherent Vice the other day.  I thought it was a great movie.  It is sort of a mix of The Big Lebowski meets Chinatown.  One actress really stood out.  If there was a movie of our story, Hong Chau would play the owner of the agency we used for our adoptions.  Even though we never met the owner, my movie could have that interaction.  In Inherent Vice, she plays Jade.  She really stands out in a cast of great actors.

Another casting in my make believe film.  Kevin James and Melissa McCarthy as one of the adoptive families that goes over  to China.  They remind me of a couple of the families.  Of course, I'd have to have Jackie Chan playing the guy I thought I saw in the elevator.

The music for my film can be a mixture of 80's music that Sandler likes to use in his films, but once in China, I think they should introduce audiences to Asian music.  Jay Chou would definitely be on that list, maybe Fiona Fung, and even some Kpop.  I mention that because on one of our trips, I saw a video or two that was actually a Kpop group.  That was one of the issues I had with the Karate Kid remake.  They did not play Chinese music.  It gives the impression that everyone in China listens to western music.  I can tell you, when we went into a store or mall, I do not remember hearing western music.  Of course, Neil Diamond's America will have to be in it.  They have played it on every plane we have gone on.

Casting for the Customs agent from the first adoption would be Eugene Levy.  He seems to fit the person perfectly.  At one point, the agent even tried to show me how cheap pirated things can be.  He bent the box and I guess was expecting it to snap.  However, it did not.  He tossed it aside and just told us it is cheap.  I think it would have been interesting to see what his reaction would have been if I had produced the receipt from Wal-Mart.  He would have told me that it is in Mandarin and that he could not read it, so pirated.

Patton Oswalt could play a person at the American Consulate.  If you don't know who he is, he is on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the voice of Remy on Ratatouille.  Mentioning Agents, I think the Ming Na-Wen should have a role in the movie, maybe one of the families.  Rob Schneider needs to be in this.  He should be at the airport for each departure saying "You can do it!"

I have to fit some more actors in this.  From Fresh off the Boat, Randall Park could play some kind of guide.  Preferably our third guide.  That adoption, we had three different guides, but we could roll all into one.  One thing we see when we have adopted and will be doing again, is that the families like to bring their children that they have adopted.  I think the kids from Fresh off the Boat could play some, but they would have to get some female children.  A lot of the adoptions are girls.  I figure my daughter would want a role in this.  I would have little power once my story sold.  I can make it a request.  She is a child people remember.





No comments: