Ad

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ways to Make Money: Stocks

If you are looking into making money to pay for an adoption that is in the future, stocks can be a way of doing it.  If you do go into it, do your research.  I have been burned on "great stocks" that ended up going bankrupt.  You have to look at the companies financials.  Does the company have the money to pay off their debts, if it had to happen instantly?  Companies floating large debts without liquid income are a disaster waiting to happen.  Do not use the advice of TV spokespeople.  Most of them have a vested interest in people investing.  One host said the other day to invest in Disney and guess what that day the market went down.  When he says to sell, that is the point I have held onto the stock as the price rose.  Just be careful, it's rigged for small investors.  I think only the big ones truly make lots of money.

We have some stock, but it's not time to sell.  I feel this year will cause their prices to rise.  I have entertainment stock.  There are some good movies coming out.  These are the types that will benefit our shares, I hope.

Another piece of advice I will give about stocks is to follow the news.  If you are interested in a company, bookmark them on a business like Yahoo and follow their stock ticker, example DIS for Disney.  I look at it everyday.  I do this to keep up with trends for the company and anything that might sink the stock.

No comments: