Ad

Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Complete Book of International Adoption, My new reading material

Angie informed me that some of the books I read were for fun.  I wish I could say they were fun reading, but it just seems like watching the same show over and over.  Sure I might find a shred of information that I did not know, but it does not happen often.  I really don't like it when the author gets judgemental about domestic over international adoption.

The Complete Book of International Adoption by Dawn Davenport is different.  At least from the introduction, the author is trying to assure me that it is this way.  I like that.  She says that she is not going to vilify one form of adoption over another.  She feels that all adoption is good and that it is a win win situation.  The child gets a family and the parents get a child.  I agree with that.  I will update this one in future blogs.  I hoped to be impressed with what she has to offer.  Hopefully, this will be the last book I have to read.

No comments: