Ad

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Preparing for your new Child

Just like any family preparing for a child, I was busy preparing the rooms yesterday.  Elana will be going with Mia.  Michelle will be moving in with Kayla.  I had to do a lot of packing to make that happen.  Lately, I have not been very motivated.  Maybe its because I think there is plenty of time or I'm just lazy.  Anyway, I spent the day packing up things to bring them to our center room.  Once cleared, I move some beds around.  Now, Angie has a crib to build.  I leave the building to her.  She likes doing it and gets angry if I try to do it.  At least, she has the space to do it.  Not only that, but she also has to go through the boxes in the center room to decide if we keep or sale.  Next up, the grand yard sale.

This is what it's like preparing your house.  You have to decide where your child is going to go and start the arrangements.  In our case, we have to also get rid of things to make the space.  I think it is worth it.  A lot of the things are just sitting there.  We have finally realized that we have too many things.  I think the girls have also realized this.  Well, except Mia.  She still wants all her toys.  If she sees us trying to get rid of things she may start playing with it again.  At least, I have made a contribution to getting ready.  Now, if we could get on to this yard sale.

Parting with things can be hard.  Angie looks at the toys and all have memories.  By all means, do not play the song from Toy Story 2 by Sarah McLachlan.  I do that every once in awhile, but not now.  I need her to get rid of some of the toys.  I have attached the URL if you'd like to see the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElhbTsKsros


No comments: