Ad

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Post #200 Miscellaneous Thoughts as I wait for my Adoption

Well, I have hit 200 posts.  Is this a magic number?  I don't think so.  You might say that it really is not 200.  That is due to the fundraising and music video posts.  I think they are all important.  Not everyone is going to like what I post.  I wanted to share the music and I am hoping someday to make our fundraising numbers go up.

This weekend I learned another valuable lesson from Ebay.  When you sell something and choose calculate shipping, make sure to add the weight of the package you will be sending out.  The reason is that I just sold 85 buttons.  I did not add the correct weight.  Ebay calculates the weight at about 3 ounces.  It was actually 2 pounds.  We made $5.00 off the buttons and charged $2.00 for shipping.  Once we shipped, we made $1.00.  Lesson learned.  We are selling some posters, but the number is not high.  Soon, I will be trying out baseball cards and comics.

I also took a look at another adoption blog.  This person was ranting and raving about the checks we have to go through for adoption.  I think it's a necessary evil.  Most are good people, but there are some bad eggs out there.  They ruin it for the rest of us.  When China hears of these bad eggs, they show their concern by keeping stricter checks on the children that are adopted out.  I applaud them for this.  I have nothing to hide.  Just don't charge extra for it.  We are just trying to build our family.

Another post talked about Re-homing.  This is a practice I would never do or even think about doing.  Like I have said in a previous post, when you adopt, prepare and educate.  You have to go into this preparing for the worst.  Have doctors and therapists waiting.  All kids that are adopted out are going to need some kind of help.  Even if it is to deal with being abandoned.  But, by re-homing, you add another level of rejection to this child.  Not only that, but you also could put this child at risk.  The same levels of checks do not exist in some states.  This makes it easier for bad people to get these children.  I saw a Law and Order SVU dealing with this.  The parent gave the child up for a re-homing and he ended up with a pedophile.  Once again, I must stress, do you studying.  Prepare for rough times in the beginning.  It will get better, but you are going to have to prove your love to this child.  They have already had their trust broken when they were given up.  

No comments: