Ad

Monday, February 16, 2015

The Walking Dead. . .A Parable of Life?

Watched an episode of the Walking Dead last night.  Great show.  The main character talks to another that he realizes the they too are the walking dead.  If you look at it, it could be true.  We  all have this same routine.  On the show the the dead just wander the earth looking for things to eats.  We do the same everyday.  Of course, we sleep and have children(some do) and we don't eat them.  It's interesting to think of life like that.  I guess that is why we adopt.  If not for adoption, our lives would be boring.  We'd sleep, eat and work everyday until we are dead.  What would we have to show for it?  Nice house, car you can't take with you when you die, and possessions.  I'd rather get rid of things and start living.  I don't want to be tied down to things.  I'd rather be helping out children.  At least, I would able to look at them with my old eyes and know I made a difference in someones life.

Just remmber this as your days go by.  What kind of legacy will you leave and will your life just be a set of mundane routines, repeated over and over until you die?  I'd rather take the road less travelled.

No comments: